Sunday, April 2, 2017

Cosmic Heros Comic Workshop

The last two years I've been studying at Moore Theological College, and last week our college community divided into groups to go help out various churches for a week. My group went to Kingsford, and on Friday I got to run a comics making workshop during a kids club. We had 'cosmic rescuers' as our theme (with Jesus being the greatest cosmic rescuer of all!), and in the workshop the kids designed their own rescuer and created a one or two page rescue story. Some were pretty clever! I was impressed.

Before the kids club - with inspiration on the walls

After the workshop, with Fiona and Robbie as helpers


    
Some board scribbles - the picture on the right was the joint effort of myself and the kids, as I first sketched Robbie and then got the kids to add things to his outfit on the board. The picture on the left was my own example comic page layout, to give an idea of some stages in a rescue story.

No comments:

Post a Comment